fbpx

Infrared Sauna Therapy

Infrared Sauna Therapy

What is Infrared Sauna Therapy?
Infrared saunas, unlike regular saunas, do not heat the air around you. Instead, they warm your body directly using infrared bulbs (which emit electromagnetic radiation). Infrared panels, rather than conventional heat, are used in these saunas to easily penetrate human tissue, warming your body before heating the air. Infrared saunas function at a lower temperature (generally between 120 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit) than regular saunas, which normally operate between 150 and 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Only around 20% of the heat in an infrared sauna is used to heat the air, while the remaining 80% is used to heat your body directly.
What is Infrared Sauna Therapy?
Infrared saunas, unlike regular saunas, do not heat the air around you. Instead, they warm your body directly using infrared bulbs (which emit electromagnetic radiation). Infrared panels, rather than conventional heat, are used in these saunas to easily penetrate human tissue, warming your body before heating the air. Infrared saunas function at a lower temperature (generally between 120 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit) than regular saunas, which normally operate between 150 and 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Only around 20% of the heat in an infrared sauna is used to heat the air, while the remaining 80% is used to heat your body directly.

Understanding the Benefits of
Infrared Sauna Therapy

What is the definition of infrared heat? We’ve all had the following experiences: It’s a partly overcast day, and you’re out in the fresh air. The clouds suddenly shift out of the path of the sun, and you feel a rush of warmth. The far-infrared region of sunshine is warming your body, giving you this warm feeling.

The sun’s invisible spectrum of light includes the far infrared band. This range of light is capable of penetrating our skin and instantly warming our bodies. Pure Medical sauna’s far-infrared heat is completely safe because our heaters do not emit any of the sun’s harmful rays, only natural healing heat. In fact, this heat is so safe that it is used to keep newborn babies warm in maternity units.

The healthiest rays are infrared rays, which penetrate deeply into your skin and eliminate harmful substances that have accumulated in your body. Your cells and metabolism are revitalised by infrared rays.

Infrared saunas, unlike regular saunas, do not heat the air around you. Instead, they warm your body directly using infrared bulbs (which emit electromagnetic radiation).

Infrared panels, rather than conventional heat, are used in these saunas to easily penetrate human tissue, warming your body before heating the air.

Infrared saunas function at a lower temperature (generally between 120 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit) than regular saunas, which normally operate between 150 and 180 degrees Fahrenheit.

Only around 20% of the heat in an infrared sauna is used to heat the air, while the remaining 80% is used to heat your body directly.

This environment is more tolerable, which allows you to stay in the sauna longer while increasing your core body temperature by two to three degrees.

What are the Benefits of
Infrared Sauna Therapy?

Infrared Sauna Therapy 3 Mobile

What are the Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy?

The benefits of using an infrared sauna are said to be similar to those of a traditional sauna. These are some of them:

  • Better sleep
  • Relaxation
  • Detoxification
  • Weight loss
  • Relief from sore muscles
  • Relief from joint pain such as arthritis
  • Clear and tighter skin
  • Improved circulation
  • Help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome

Saunas have been used for a variety of health concerns for ages. While there are several studies and research on traditional saunas, there aren’t nearly as many studies on infrared saunas:

  • People with chronic fatigue syndrome benefited from using an infrared sauna as part of their overall treatment, according to a small 10-person trial 1.
  • Another 10-person study discovered that infrared saunas reduced muscular pain and improved strength-training recovery 2.
  • Several studies have found that infrared light treatment saunas can help lower blood pressure, according to one study.

Other than the usual cautions regarding any sauna session, there have been no reports of harmful consequences so far. These include the risks of overheating, dehydration, and medication interference, as well as the risks to pregnant women, those with heart disease, and those under the influence of drugs or alcohol, among others.

The great news is that even if your sweat session doesn’t do everything it promises, it still feels fantastic. It also helps you relax, loosen up stiff or tight muscles, reduce joint pain, and give you some much-needed time to yourself, all of which contribute to your general health and well-being.

The Pure Medical Program gives you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to invest in your health as you become older, allowing you to maximise your cognition, vitality, and quality of life.

In our infrared sauna therapy chambers, the quality of the infrared heat is the most important factor in determining the benefits you will receive from that sauna. By combining carbon fibre and ceramic compound in one heater, Pure Medical has the best of both worlds to give you the highest quality infrared heat imaginable.

The use of far-infrared radiation has a wide range of applications, which NASA has recently investigated. The far-infrared rays, which have a wavelength of 8-14 microns, are particularly beneficial to the human body. These waves have the ability to penetrate 1.5 to 2 inches or more into the body, providing deep heat and boosting the core body temperature from within. Because the materials for the Ondol (traditional warm floor of Korea) include stone and soil, both of which emit far infrared rays when heated, scholars feel that the Ondol is beneficial to one’s health.

How Does Infrared
Sauna Therapy Work?

Infrared Sauna Therapy

How Does Infrared Sauna Therapy Work?

Infrared Sauna Therapy is caused when the sweat glands are activated by far-infrared rays that reach our bodies. The sweat glands are one of the body’s few ways of eliminating toxins, and as the skin is the largest organ in the body, it appears to be a particularly effective mode of removal. Water molecules (which make up 70% of our body) begin to vibrate when far-infrared rays are delivered to them. The ion bonds are reduced by the vibration, and the water molecules eventually break down, releasing encapsulated gases and other toxic materials.

FULL-SPECTRUM INFRARED

The infrared spectrum is divided into three parts: near-infrared, mid-infrared, and far-infrared. Pure Medical’s sauna will provide you with the most benefit with the addition of near and mid-infrared.
The shortest wavelength, near-infrared, is absorbed just below the skin’s surface, causing a sweat that promotes healing and revitalisation.
Mid-infrared is a longer wavelength that penetrates deeper into the body’s soft tissues, this increases circulation, releasing oxygen to reach injured areas.
The longest wavelength, far infrared, penetrates fat cells, inducing vasodilation, in which fat cells vibrate to remove toxins, resulting in the highest levels of detoxification and stimulating your metabolism to aid in weight loss.

Although strenuous exercise such as jogging, cycling, or strength training is frequently linked with a good sweat session, you may also warm up while resting and rejuvenating in an infrared sauna.

Infrared saunas are a popular choice for people looking for a cooler way to heat their bodies. They are known for alleviating tight muscles, enhancing sleep, and promoting general relaxation.

While infrared saunas are generally regarded as safe, there are some hazards linked with their use.

Before you get dressed and head in for a brief session, here’s what you should know.

If you enjoy dry heat, you’ve probably visited a conventional sauna. These saunas heat the air around you and are usually set between 82.2°C and 93.3°C (180°F and 200°F).

The infrared sauna, on the other hand, is gaining popularity because it employs electromagnetic radiation from infrared lamps to warm your body directly rather than heating the air.

Saunas that use infrared technology raise your core body temperature to roughly 66°C (150°F).

This form of heat penetrates deeper into the body, affecting and healing deep tissue as well as detoxing through sweating.

Is Infrared Sauna Safe?

Since infrared light is a type of electromagnetic radiation, many people believe it is linked to nuclear weapons, Chernobyl, and cancer. Most individuals are unaware, however, that not all types of radiation are harmful. The term “radiation” refers to any type of energy that falls inside the electromagnetic spectrum. As a result, everything around you, including the lights over your head, the ground beneath your feet, and, of course, the screen you’re looking at right now, emits some level of radiation. The characteristics of the energy waves and the dose determine whether or not radiation is hazardous. Large, low-frequency waves, such as those emitted by radios (radio waves), are generally the safest, whereas small, high-frequency waves, such as those emitted by the sun, can burn your skin. Some energy waves are larger than buildings, while others are smaller than atoms, as shown in the graph below:

infrared-sauna-dangers-1

Why is Infrared Heat better
than traditional saunas?

Infrared Sauna Therapy 4 Mobile

Why is Infrared Heat better than traditional saunas?

To warm the body, traditional saunas increase the temperature of the air within the chamber to a very high level. When you sit in a typical sauna, you are in a hot room with temperatures ranging from 80°C to 105°C. Some people have trouble breathing in this highly hot environment. Saunas with far infrared technology work in a different way. Far infrared saunas heat the body directly rather than the air within the chamber. Only around 20% of the heat in our Far Infrared Sauna is used to heat the air, while the remaining 80% is used to heat your body directly. As a result, deeper tissue penetration occurs.

Radiant heat has the ability to permeate far into the skin, causing gradual warming inside the body. Your cardiovascular system, immune system, and lymphatic system are all stimulated by the warming effect on your body. Sweating is your body’s reaction to this. In the far infrared sauna, the body perspires and receives all of the healthy benefits but avoids the harmful and extremely hot air of a traditional steam sauna.

Infrared saunas leave you feeling invigorated, not depleted like conventional saunas.

What are the possible
side effects of
Infrared Sauna Therapy
?

Infrared Sauna Therapy Mobile

What are the possible side effects of Infrared Sauna Therapy?

Our infrared saunas are very safe and have few negative effects. They normally aren’t serious and don’t last long. Speak to our nurses or doctors if you think you’re experiencing any other adverse effects.

Having infrared sauna therapy will cause you to sweat a lot, so you may feel lightheaded when you stand up. If this happens, make sure you get up slowly and sit down once you leave the sauna. Drink water immediately after finishing your session and wait for your body to cool down before doing anything else. In extreme cases, some people may experience overheating (heat stroke and heat exhaustion) or dehydration.

If you have any health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart problems, or are under medical care, get cleared by our doctor before your first session. Even though infrared saunas are extremely safe, we don’t want to take any chances when it comes to your health and safety.

Like any other medical treatment, there are advantages and disadvantages. Take heed of these potential side effects and hazards before you turn up the heat.

Sauna use has been linked to the following unfavourable indications and symptoms, according to a 2018 systematic review:

  • Mild to moderate heat discomfort
  • Low blood pressure (hypotension)
  • Light-headedness
  • Transient leg pain
  • Airway irritation

 

Infrared Sauna Therapy
has proven effective
for a variety of conditions

Infrared Sauna Therapy

Infrared Sauna Therapy has proven effective for a variety of conditions

Several studies have looked at using infrared sauna therapy in the treatment of chronic health problems such as:
Acne
Alopecia
Brain Fog
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Cellulite
Collagen
Cold Sores
Dementia
Depression
Eczema
Hair Growth
Inflammation
Joints
Oral Mucositis
Osteoarthritis
Pain
Rosacea
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Scars
Skin Conditions
Sports Recovery
Stretch Marks
Tick-borne Diseases
Tissue Repair
Weight Loss
Wound Healing
Wrinkles

What to expect
when having
Infrared Sauna Therapy?

Internal Infrared Sauna Therapy

What to expect when having Infrared Sauna Therapy?

Before having Infrared Sauna Therapy at Pure Medical you will be seen by one of our doctors, they will check to see if you’re healthy enough to receive therapy. Your treatment will be inside one of our Infrared Saunas.

 

Treatments are usually repeated over days or weeks. You should complete the whole course for the most benefit.

 

If you are sick or have the following symptoms, your treatment session may be postponed.
-Severe cold or flu
-Chest infection
-Runny nose
-Sickness (nausea).

 

Avoid using an infrared sauna if you’ve been drinking alcohol.

 

How should I prepare for Infrared Sauna Therapy?

To prepare for Infrared Sauna Therapy, most people don’t need to do anything specific. Before treatment, our doctor or professional nurses will offer you instructions to assist you.

 

Limiting the amount of food and liquid you consume prior to the procedure, or,
making arrangements for someone to drive you home following the surgery. It is always better to go to the bathroom before your treatment. If you’re anxious about needing to use the restroom during your treatment, talk to the nurse.

 

What should I expect during Infrared Sauna Therapy?

Drink water, make sure you’re hydrated before going into an infrared sauna. Drink a glass of water before your session. You can also bring water into the sauna, especially if you’re sensitive to higher heat.

 

The average temperature for our infrared sauna ranges from 38˚C to 66˚C, with beginners starting out at the lower end and more experienced users at the higher end. If this is your first time, we’ll generally start you with 38˚C. You may want to stay at this temperature for a few sessions. You can always increase the temperature each session until you reach 66˚C.

 

Length of time, for first-time users, we will start with 10 to 15 minutes. You can add time to each session until you reach the suggested time of 20 to 30 minutes. You don’t want to stay in there too long and risk becoming dehydrated.

 

Clothing. Patients will be provided with medical scrubs.

 

What you can do while in the sauna. Relax, read, meditate, listen to music, or visit with friends. Just don’t go to sleep.

 

After the session is over. When your session is done, it’s suggested that you take your time and let your body cool down. Once cooled down, feel free to take a shower or bath. Just make sure that you continue to keep hydrated.

 

Pure Medical recommend that patients use our infrared sauna treatments three to four days per week. If you are healthy and can tolerate the four days, you can use our saunas daily.

 

If you have any health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart problems, or are under medical care, get cleared by our doctor before your first session. Even though infrared saunas are extremely safe, we don’t want to take any chances when it comes to your health and safety.

ADVICE & SUGGESTIONS

Infrared Sauna Therapy

ADVICE & SUGGESTIONS

Infrared Sauna Therapy is available for cosmetic applications at many tanning salons, gyms, and local day spas. You can also buy and utilise devices at home from the comfort of your own home. Prices will differ.

For professional Infrared sauna therapy services contact Pure Medical.

Transform your health

Infrared Sauna Therapy to treat Insomnia Mobile

Transform your health

The Pure Medical Program gives you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to invest in your health as you become older, allowing you to maximise your cognition, vitality, and quality of life.
We’ve developed a cutting-edge approach that combines:

By combining these treatment modalities Pure Medical are able to customise cognitive and physical training regimens, along with dietary coaching.

The ageing process has varied effects on every one of us. This is why our diverse healthcare team employs in-depth exams and analytics to build a strategy that is completely tailored to you.

As a consequence, you’ll receive a thorough treatment that will help you improve your cognitive and physical performance while also making you feel your best, regardless of your age.

Scientific Case Studies

In this section, you will find an array of scientific case studies.

Infrared sauna therapy promotes wound Healing

Infrared sauna therapy also has the remarkable ability to speed up the wound healing process. Specifically, research out of NASA has shown that infrared light significantly increases tissue growth and cell regeneration due to our mitochondria readily accepting infrared light 3.

disclaimer

Infrared sauna therapy For Asthma

The sauna can benefit people with asthma or bronchitis who have asthmatic symptoms by relaxing the muscles in the bronchioles. Asthma causes the muscles in your respiratory tracts to tense up, but the sauna’s warmth allows them to relax again 4.

disclaimer

Infrared sauna therapy For Lowering blood pressure

Infrared sauna therapy is both safe and effective for relieving clinical symptoms and cardiac function in chronic heart failure patients, which are backed by clinical research that shows a reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Both are key factors in maintaining a healthy heart 5.

disclaimer

Infrared sauna therapy For Rheumatoid Arthritis

Infrared sauna therapy has been discovered to be an excellent supplementary therapy for rheumatoid arthritis, and it is popular for its soothing effects and several benefits 6.

disclaimer

Infrared sauna therapy For Respiratory Function

Infrared sauna therapy has been found to increase lung capacity and function, potentially leading to better breathing for those with respiratory disorders including asthma and bronchitis 7.

disclaimer

Infrared sauna therapy For Sports Recovery

Our Sauna, which uses infrared waves, can actually help you rebuild your muscles faster. Muscle inflammation may occur following a workout. An infrared sauna boosts circulation naturally, allowing your muscles to receive the oxygen and minerals they require 8.

disclaimer

Infrared sauna therapy For Pain

Although long-term research is still being conducted, infrared sauna therapy is considered to be an affordable, safe, and extremely effective way to reduce pain, increase detoxification, improve the cardiovascular system, and more 9.

disclaimer

Infrared sauna therapy For Weight Loss

Infrared sauna therapy increases heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, burning more calories, leading to more weight loss. And blood flow rises, increasing from 5-7 quarts up to 13 quarts a minute 10.

disclaimer