- Book the member through Pure Medical, and use the member’s Pure Medical contact details to get in touch so we can register your treatment
- Keep a record of your treatment, If you need to claim, we’ll ask for more details.
- Leave a review, When your treatment is completed, simply leave a Pure Medical review
1. What is covered?
A Claim for an amount up to the Maximum Value for Sub-Standard Treatment completed by a Healthcare professional so long as the Required Evidence is produced, the Eligibility Criteria is met and no Exclusions apply.
For the purposes of the Pure Medical Guarantee the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Claim” a claim made under the Pure Medical Guarantee having followed the Claim Procedure up to the Maximum Value;
“Claim Procedure” as described in paragraph below 4;
“Eligibility Criteria” as described in paragraph 3 below;
“Exclusions” as described in paragraph 6 below;
“Maximum Value” the maximum amount guaranteed per Claim is £1,000;
“Required Evidence” means as described in paragraph 4;
“Sub-Standard Treatment” the treatment provided by the Healthcare professional is found to be sub-standard according to relevant standard industry practice as determined by Pure Medical using an independent third party where required;
“Healthcare Professional” is any professional healthcare worker who at the time of first contact by the consumer is a full member of Pure Medical and who is displaying the Pure Medical Guaranteed badge next to their name.
3. Eligibility for the Pure Medical Guarantee
To make a Claim under the Pure Medical guarantee relating to Sub-Standard Treatment the following criteria must be complied with:
- The Claim must be directly related to Sub-Standard Treatment carried out by the Healthcare Professional.
- The initial contact for the treatment with the Healthcare Professional must have been booked through the Pure Medical website or by using the Pure Medical provided direct phone numbers for the Healthcare Professional.
- The Sub-Standard Treatment must have been undertaken by the Healthcare Professional on or after 30th September 2022.
- You must have left a review (positive or negative) of the Healthcare Professional on the Pure Medical website within 30 days of the Sub-Standard treatment either being undertaken or the treatment having been completed.
- The Claim must be made within 12 months of the Sub-Standard treatment being undertaken.
- You must provide the Required Evidence which adequately demonstrates the Sub-Standard treatment.
- You must have followed the Pure Medical complaints process, including making the Healthcare Professional aware of the complaint and allowing time for a resolution.
- A maximum of one Claim per Household per 12 months can be made under the Pure Medical guarantee. A full 12 months must have passed since any previous Claim has either been paid out to your Household or has been rejected.
- All decisions regarding your eligibility and any payments made to you by Pure Medical under the Pure Medical guarantee are made in Pure Medical’s absolute and sole discretion, having undertaken a reasonable investigation.
4. How do I make a claim?
Step 1 – Contact the Healthcare Professional who carried out the Sub-Standard Treatment to go through any concerns.
- Explain your concerns and the reasons you are not happy.
- Discuss what actions can be undertaken to rectify the situation.
- Allow the Healthcare Professional the opportunity to rectify the Sub-Standard Treatment or reimburse you for any costs incurred.
- Set a final deadline date for the Healthcare Professional to resolve (usually 7 days) notifying them that you will submit a Claim on the Pure Medical guarantee after that date if a satisfactory conclusion has not been reached.
Step 2 – Leave a negative review on our website – If you are unable to resolve your claim directly with the Healthcare Professional, please submit a complaint by leaving a negative review at https://pure-medical.co.uk/find-a-health-professional
**Step 3 – Submit your claim by Completing the claim form please call 01908317525. **
Before starting your claim:
- Please check if the claim does not fall under one of the exclusions in section 6 of our terms and conditions.
- Please make sure you have the below information to hand to support your claim.
- Estimates/invoices that clearly show the Healthcare Professional’s details
- Proof of when the sub-standard treatment was undertaken.
- Proof of any payments made to date.
- Proof of address where the treatment was carried out.
- Date stamped photographs clearly showing the sub-standard treatment.
- Record of any correspondence with the Healthcare Professional, emails, texts, phone logs and letters.
The team at Pure Medical will:
- use our phone logs and website data to ensure that the treatment originated through a contact with the Healthcare Professional via Pure Medical;
- may contact you directly to request further information if required ; and
- use your Healthcare Professional review and Required Evidence to investigate your claim potentially using a surveyor where we feel necessary to visit you and review the claim.
Please note it is not possible to make a claim anonymously, we need to be able to talk to the Healthcare Professional about your Claim.
A Claim under the Pure Medical Guarantee is not a substitute for any legal or insurance action that you may wish to take. Please check with your insurers before claiming to ensure a pay out under this Guarantee does not prejudice your ability to bring a claim under your insurance.
5. Decision of Claim and Payment
Once the Claim has been fully assessed, we shall notify you of our decision within 2 working days.
Pure Medical’s decision relating to the payment shall be final and shall not be subject to appeal.
The amount to be paid for any Claim to you shall be calculated having taken into account:
- the cost to rectify the treatment;
- the amount already paid to the Healthcare Professional and any outstanding balances still due or payments withheld;
- the Required Evidence provided; and
- where applicable, any recommendation made by our independent third-party surveyors up to the Maximum Value.
Payment will be made to the individual who made the Claim. You will be paid by BACS to an account nominated by you and in your name, within 14 days following confirmation by Pure Medical that the Claim has been approved.
Payment shall exclude VAT.
6. Exclusions & General Terms
Please note the following sorts of Claims shall not be covered under the Pure Medical Guarantee:
- where the Sub-Standard Treatment has been sufficiently rectified or costs have been sufficiently reimbursed by the Healthcare Professional;
- where the Sub-Standard Treatment has been rectified by another Healthcare Professional and we are therefore no longer able to assess the Sub-Standard Treatment;
- where the Healthcare Professional absconds or goes out of business before the treatment commences;
- where the Healthcare Professional fails to complete the treatment due to the Healthcare Professional going into liquidation, insolvent, or becoming bankrupt;
- where there is damage done to property at a different place from the location of the agreed treatment. Just for example, the Healthcare Professional scrapes an external wall with their vehicle or they damage a carpet on the way down from carrying out the agreed treatment upstairs;
- any amount paid for VAT on the treatment;
- Any losses or damages arising out of:
- any temporary fix, which is where the Healthcare Professional has only provided a temporary solution to an issue and further treatments are required to provide permanent or long-lasting effects;
- interruption of business, loss of market, loss of income and/or loss of use;
- damage suffered by any third party;
- the acts or omissions of you or any third party;
- the negligence or misconduct of any third party;
- any losses already covered under a manufacturer or a product warranty;
- pre-existing damages or conditions;
- add-on or future services;
- trip charges;
- diagnostic fees;
- dissatisfaction with price; responsiveness of the business, or cancellations;
- items supplied by you or due to your recommendations (e.g. you want to use a certain oil, and the Healthcare Professional recommends against);
- ordinary wear and tear; and
- sentimental and/or undocumented intangible value.
If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the terms and conditions of the Pure Medical Guarantee, Pure Medical may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the Pure Medical Guarantee.
Pure Medical reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend any Claim under the Pure Medical Guarantee where it becomes necessary to do so at it’s sole discretion.
Pure Medical may without notice amend, change or alter these terms at any time including terminating or withdrawing the Pure Medical Guarantee at any time for any reason.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
7. Personal Data
To submit a Claim through the Pure Medical Guarantee, personal data will be collected for the purpose of assessing and investigating the Claim. The following personal data might be collected, retained and processed for the purpose of establishing the eligibility to Claim:
Full name, contact information, proof of address, estimates or invoices relating to the treatment, proof of payment, photographs and video recordings and records of correspondence or communications with the Healthcare Professional.
In some instances, Pure Medical will share personal data provided for the purpose of instructing third-party surveyors to carry out an assessment. The data will be shared via a secure transfer method and will only be retained by the service providers for the purpose of providing this service.
Pure Medical will retain the provided personal data in line with our customer retention policy along with other personal data provided such as reviews. Detailed information on the processing of personal data can be found in the Privacy Notice on the Pure Medical website.