for Back Pain
Cryotherapy for Back Pain
An estimated 2.5 million people experience back pain every day in the UK, whilst treating it costs the NHS more than £1 billion a year.
Cryotherapy to manage your back pain
Chronic back pain caused by degenerative spine disease or other back disorders can drastically lower a person’s quality of life and interfere with daily, physical, and occupational activities. Acute or chronic back pain is one of the most prevalent health issues in industrialised nations, where it is expected that 80% of people will experience it at least once in their lifetime. After the common cold, lower back pain is the most prevalent medical problem in people and the second most frequent reason for doctor referrals.
Approximately 50% of people over the age of 55 and 100% of people over the age of 65 are known to experience degenerative spine abnormalities. These degenerative alterations may result in joint discomfort and restricted movement.
Symptoms can include:
- Pain that may be niggling or acute and incapacitating.
- Pain that worsens after prolonged durations of sitting.
- Tasks requiring bending, lifting, or twisting may cause more pain.
- Irritation and tingling.
- Walking and staying active can reduce pain.
- Legs, buttocks, and the low back may all be painful.
- Neck discomfort that might spread to the hands and arms.
- When you frequently change positions or when you’re lying down, the pain subsides.